How To Volunteer
Please bring a signed waiver with you when you come.
If you've already given us one in the past we
don't need another.
Farm Lot 59
2714 California Ave
Long Beach, CA
Parking is at the top by the Farmstand. Please walk down the road to the farm. Entrance to the farm is at the bottom of the dirt road.
Don't Forget to Bring:
· Water, snacks
· Hat, sunscreen
· Closed toed shoes
· Garden gloves, tools
Volunteer With Us!
We welcome volunteers this spring on these dates from 8-11.
NO SEPT MEET UP
If you are looking for a meaningful and positive outdoor volunteer experience and to be able to give back to the Long Beach community, join Farm Lot 59’s family of volunteer farmers.
Our volunteer farmers and financial contributors help FL59 fight hunger and food waste by growing, harvesting, and distributing what we grow throughout the year.
How you will use your skills to promote environmentally responsible and sustainable
You don’t need to know a thing just come shovel ready!
• NO prior knowledge of farming or fruit tree production is required. We will train you to plant, grow, harvest, and distribute what we produced.
• We are seeking folks who can commit
• You will occasionally need to lift and carry objects from 30-40 pounds.
• You will regularly need to stoop, squat, bend & reach.
• You will be on your feet the entire time you’re volunteering.
• Farm work involves being outdoors even when it’s hot or cold, in the rain and in the sun.
• Come prepared to get dirty! And Please NO OPEN SHOES!
• Bring water, sunscreen, hat, gloves and snacks, and your favorite tools if you have one.
• No dogs, please. Thanks!
We know you have mad skills and abilities!
Here are some of the things you might learn when working with FL59:
· Bed prep
· Soil health
· Seed saving techniques
· Crop rotation
· Proper tool usage
· Watering / basic irrigation
· Pest ID and management
· That Mother Nature is in charge and much more!